5 Types of Insurance You May Need for Your Event
Whether it’s a graduation party, wedding, festival or concert – there’s a lot that goes into planning an event. Before you send out your invitations, make sure you understand your insurance needs for your event.
1. Cancellation Insurance – This type of insurance will protect you if for some reason you need to cancel your event. Whether it is due to the weather, or if a certain someone has cold feet, this will ensure you are covered.
2. Liquor Liability – Planning to have an open bar at your event? How do you plan to make sure alcoholic beverages don’t find their way into the hands of a minor? Or someone who is already intoxicated? This type of coverage will protect you something like this were to happen.
3. Third Party Damage – If one of your guests are having too much fun and accidently cause damages to the venue, this insurance would protect you from having to pay for repairs.
4. Hired/Non-Owned Auto Liability – If you plan to rent a moving truck or fancy car for your event, this type of coverage would protect you if there is an auto-related injury to third parties or damage to their property.
5. General Liability – This coverage protects you and all parties involved in the event if an incident were to occur.
Most venues now require you to have a special event liability policy in place before you can secure the location. At Hawkins-Harrison Insurance, we have access to several of the nation’s top providers whom we work with to bring our clients competitive rates. Learn more about our special event coverage and contact us today to request a quote.